The flower of Pontus
The Pontian (Black Sea) element, strong in our city, Pontius=the one coming from the sea, hence the love of the Pontians (all over the globe) for the fish and especially the small ones (anchovy) as they say and have released a song in their honor.
Pontian cuisine is characterized by a Doricity, few ingredients, simple process, fast cooking. Of course, they do not only like anchovy, because they rely mainly on mountain dairies and starchy foods.
The Manti-pasta is made depending on the area with some differences. This is coming from the Caucasus region. But the surprise is different. The manti-pasta are made on steam, in broth and fried. Respectively, the Chinese have dumplings with exactly the same cooking methods and similar fillings. The reason is that in Byzantium they had contacts with each other having in mind also the world famous roads of silk!
- 1 pool
- 1 baking tray
- 1 saucepan with one hand
- 1 pan1 bowl
- 1 egg
- 1 grater
- 1 general purpose knife
For the stuffing:
- 250 gr. ground beef
- 250 gr. minced lamb
- 400 gr. chopped onion
- 400 gr. yellow grated pumpkin
- 1 pinch of allspice
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 6 glasses of meat broth
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Salt Pepper
For the sauces:
- Sweet paprika
- Tomato paste
- 3 pcs. Grated garlic
- 3 tbsp. olive oil soup
- dough sheet
- Put all the filling ingredients in a deep panand knead well. Put in the fridge to combine the flavors for about an hour.
- In the meantime, spread the dough-sheet and cut itinto rectangular shapes to the size you want (it is usually small).
- With a teaspoon put stuffing in the center andclose from the sides with the center open, like boats.
- Butter a pan, add the broth and place them inorder.
- Bake in a medium oven, up and down, placing the panon the bottom of the oven, at 160c for about 35 minutes.
For the paprika sauce:
- Put the pulp, garlic and paprika in a metal pan. Ina saucepan, heat the olive oil very well and pour over the mixture. Mix welland it is ready.
For the yogurt sauce:
- Dilute the yogurt with a little water and set itaside.
- Finally, burn the butter well so that it gives astrong smell and after the manti-pasta is ready, we pour over them with it
- Serve with paprika sauce at the bottom of theplate, around the mantles and in the center the yogurt