We said that the cooked fish is our favorite, but it is also the salted one, a delicious meze for our ouzo.
Especially sun-dried, is a way of preservation and delicious enjoyment because they concentrate the juices, aromas and flavors. The result is flawless!!
We have wedded Mackerel with a Cappadocian, fresh, summer salad that utilizes the favorite and nutritious wheat and herbs.
- 1 blue cutting surface
- 1 green cutting surface
- 1 fish hatching knife
- 1 vegetable cutting knife
- 1 potato peeler
- 2 bowls deep
- 1 strainer
- 1 egg
- 1 pool
Ingredients for the Mackerel
- 1 Mackerel around 1 kg
- Sea- Salt
Ingredients for the Cappadocian oatmeal salad
- 500g oatmeal, soaked
- 1 bunch of parsley, finelychopped, only the leaves
- 1 bunch of mint, finelychopped, only the leaves
- 2 medium-size fresh onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium-size cucumber,peeled, small
- 1 tomato, without thehearts, with the peel
- 200 ml olive oil
- 200 ml lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
For the salad:
- Boil water with a little salt, remove from the heatand add the oatmeal.
- Let it soak for half hours in order to get soften.
- In the meantime mix all the other ingredients.
- Add the oatmeal and leave in the fridge forabout an hour.
- We cut the head, open the fish from the belly, washit well, open it like a butterfly without taking out the bone and we wipe it todry.
- Sprinkle with salt and hang it with a peg in a sunnyplace, but also air for an hour.
- Then put it in a shady place where the airpenetrates it again and we leave it for about 10 hours, unless we do not wantit to dry much, so we take it out earlier.
- Bake on the grill, add chopped lemon oil andparsley and accompany it with the oatmeal salad.