- 2 basins
- 2 bowls
- 1 pot deep and small
- 1 strainer
- 1 teaspoon deep
- 1 general purpose knife
- 1 egg beater
- 1 saucepan with one hand
- 600 gr. strained yoghurt
- 200. gr Thassos thymehoney
- 250 gr. Sweet walnut ofThassos
- 100 gr. milk
- 150 gr. cream 36% fat
- 10 gr. gelatine
- 120 gr. egg yolks
- Put half the honey and milkin a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until boiling.
- Put the egg-yolks and therest of the honey in a deep pan and shatter them with a whisk until they turnwhite.
- Slowly add the milk mixture and stir constantly.Put on a low heat, stirring until it starts to set.
- Then, Put the jellies incold water to swell.
- When the mixture sets, pass it through a fine sieveand pour in the jellies to melt
- Put the utensil in a largerone with ice and water.
- Whip the cream in a deep panto set.
- Stir the mixture to cool andstart to set.
- Once this is done, add thecream and incorporate.
- Pour into a mold and put inthe fridge to thicken. When this is done, put a walnut on top together with thesyrup.
- PS. Alternatively we candrain the sweet-walnuts, chop them in half and put them in the mixture. Garnishwith half sweet-walnuts on top.